The Whopper is angry and so are BK customers | Seen and Overheard

Home > Blogs > Seen and Overheard > Archives > 2009 > January > 06 > Entry

The Whopper is angry and so are BK customers

With the economy down in the dumps, it is not surprising that even our sandwiches have beef.

But these Whoppers aren’t just mad, they are angry.

Burger King on Monday, Jan. 5, started selling its Angry Whopper and advertising a website that allows customers to issue “Angry-Gram e-mails to those who may be getting on their last nerve,” according to a Burger King press release.

The Website, meant to be humorous, is linked here.

Signs promoting the sandwich have popped up at Burger King restaurants around town, including at the Brown Street location in Dayton.

DDN010709lifeseen02.JPG Sign promoting the Angry Whopper at Brown St. Burger King (Staff photo by Amelia Robinson)

The Angry Whopper will be available through March for about $3.69, the release said.

The sandwich features a flame-broiled patty topped with “Angry” sauce, onions, jalapenos, pepper jack cheese, bacon, tomatoes, lettuce and mayonnaise. Even the sesame seed bun has an attitude problem.

What do you think about the Angry Whopper? Will you send an Angry-Gram email? Comment below.

See or hear something juicy, quirky or interesting, email me.

Comments

By LLW

January 6, 2009 12:37 PM | Link to this

What a deplorable advertising campaign. The last thing Amdrica needs right now is a fast food place actually encouraging people to be angry.

By sigh

January 6, 2009 12:51 PM | Link to this

ditto.

By April

January 6, 2009 1:05 PM | Link to this

That is done in very poor taste.

By Travis

January 6, 2009 1:11 PM | Link to this

They should come out with a sandwich called, dull and boring. People have no sense of humor anymore.

By Amdrica

January 6, 2009 1:34 PM | Link to this

This is great. I really need a fast food place to encourage people to be angry. LLW, don’t you ever presume to speak for me again.

By mr. midwest

January 6, 2009 1:47 PM | Link to this

Actually I know people that I’d like to throw a Whopper at. Does that count?

By Jeremy

January 6, 2009 2:06 PM | Link to this

Ingredients of the Angry Whopper include an unknown glowing substance which fell to Earth, presumably from outer space. If the Angry Whopper begins to smoke, get away immediately. Seek shelter and cover head. The Angry Whopper may stick to certain types of skin. Do not taunt the Angry Whopper. Accept no substitutes!

By jemcx

January 6, 2009 2:48 PM | Link to this

After March, the Angry Whopper is going to be Dusty Baker’s bench coach for the Cincinnati Reds and argue every call with the umpires. Getting thrown out of a game is nothing compared to getting thrown in the garbage can.

By Tom

January 6, 2009 2:55 PM | Link to this

Is this where you take your weekly bath in the kitchen sink?

By Happy Fun Ball

January 6, 2009 3:06 PM | Link to this

Pretty funny Jeremy…I remember the Happy Fun Ball skit on SNL many, many years ago.

By angry poster

January 6, 2009 3:17 PM | Link to this

Yes. this is very dangerous. I know I am so stupid that if i see this commercial I will get angry and treat other people bad. I can’t control myself. any 30 second commercial that suggests anything will brainwash me.

By Zie

January 6, 2009 3:21 PM | Link to this

Seriously people, it’s a sandwich. That’s it. A funny promotion if you ask me. BK always tries to hang out there on the edge. I think it’s ok. Relax.

By Jason

January 6, 2009 4:08 PM | Link to this

Ok i cant take any more of this stupidity. Dont we all have better things to worry about? Are you telling me people are going to treat people bad because of a sandwich called an angry whopper? GET A LIFE PEOPLE. I tried it yesterday and thought it was quite tasty. BK is by far my favorite fast food. I used to work at the same BK years ago that guy took a bath at. And i still eat there. I wish they would keep the angry whopper. If i go off on someone its because they made me mad, not because i ate an angry sandwich. Again, GET A LIFE PEOPLE!! Im angry that i even feel the need to type this!!

By Brainwashed by angry whopper

January 6, 2009 4:12 PM | Link to this

That LLW is a clown… Cant even spell AMERICA but knows whats right and wrong for us. Idiot…

By J.R.Slicer

January 6, 2009 4:22 PM | Link to this

I think that what this country needs is a 10 Commandment Burger, you know Do not kill, D not covet, Do not lie,Do not steal,etc. We certainly do not need more anger in this world. Maybe even a get Happy Burger, what’s say people. Food controls our lives enough.

By Mrs. King

January 6, 2009 4:47 PM | Link to this

It’s an advertisement and it must be a success because it got your attention. The sandwich taste pretty good!

By Two Cents

January 6, 2009 5:10 PM | Link to this

An advertisement is only a success if it sways you to their product. I wouldn’t recommend eating anything from the BK on Brown.

By Mindy

January 6, 2009 7:26 PM | Link to this

The Angry Whopper—the antithesis of the Happy Meal. ;-)

By Peter

January 6, 2009 8:27 PM | Link to this

How about a Whopper for Valentines Day — The Love Whopper? Or one for April Fools Day — The Jokes on You Whopper?

By Go to Moe's on Brown Instead

January 6, 2009 10:59 PM | Link to this

Two Cents, you’re right. Don’t go to BK on Brown. Just go right next door to Moe’s!