Chain Wars: Red Lobster, Captain D\'s bare their claws | Taste: Dayton food and restaurants

Home > Blogs > Taste: Dayton food and restaurants > Archives > 2009 > January > 22 > Entry

Chain Wars: Red Lobster, Captain D’s bare their claws

My my MY, restaurant folks are getting a bit sensitive during these difficult times, it appears.

That’s based on the big ol’ spat going on between Red Lobster and Captain D’s Seafood Kitchen.

Captain D’s has landed the latest blow in the form of a press release that mocks Red Lobster and its cease-and-desist letter that Red Lobster sent complaining of Captain D’s rather, um, aggressive ad campaign.

Oh well, there are always other fish in the sea …

Comment on thisI'm no longer accepting comments here.
Go to my facebook page and click Like to comment.
Comments

By Fazoli's vs. Olive Garden

January 27, 2009 8:24 AM | Link to this

That’s on the undercard. One places that passes itself off as fast food against a place that serves fast food quality but tries to pass itself off as a “good” restaurant. The loser is your palate.

By sarah

January 22, 2009 11:35 PM | Link to this

What’s to compare! The food at either establishment can’t compare. Real seafood is easy and affordable in this area. Check out Sweeney’s in Centerville, you won’t be disappointed or spend alot of money. Check out their sandwiches, fish and chips—fantastic!

By Sammy

January 22, 2009 5:28 PM | Link to this

So Captain D’s is claiming superiority on the account that the same quantity of food is cheaper at their restaurants?! I’d guess that most of us choose where to dine based on quality rather than quantity.

By Barry

January 22, 2009 5:25 PM | Link to this

oh no, someone making fun of an over priced restaurant, we can’t have that. the food at RL is good, but a little to pricey for me

By Jessica

January 22, 2009 1:59 PM | Link to this

Just so you know the biscuits at Red Lobster are Cheddar Bay Biscuits and they are not deep fried.

By Publicus

January 22, 2009 11:59 AM | Link to this

Domino’s has similar commercials where they burn a letter from Subway’s attorneys.

By DonnelsvilleGuy

January 22, 2009 11:59 AM | Link to this

I like them both, but where I drop in depends on whether I want to throw away $20 for a meal or just $5 - either way I enjoy the food, but those deep fried biscuits at RL are to die for.