Best cup of coffee | Best of Dayton

Home > Blogs > Best of Dayton > Archives > 2010 > November > 15 > Entry

Best cup of coffee

image_7964286.jpg

The votes are in, and with 33.97% of the votes, Winans Fine Chocolates and Coffee in Dayton offers the best burritos in the Dayton area.

Voting in this category ended on Nov. 22.

Note: Voting is limited to one vote per IP address. Multiple votes from the same IP will not be counted.

Permalink | Comments (21) | Post your comment | Categories: 2010

Comments

By Sue

November 16, 2010 9:53 AM | Link to this

I can not understand why everyone is so HIGH on Granny C’s! Their cakes are awful… dry and UGLY

By Heather

November 16, 2010 10:52 AM | Link to this

Sue you must be one that enjoys frozen cakes from walmart. Yuck! I love Granny C’s Cakes they are made fresh not frozen! By the way this is about coffee not cake just FYI, since you seem to think its about cake

By Don

November 17, 2010 6:05 AM | Link to this

You didn’t list Java In & Out on Wilmington Pike. They make excellent coffee and they’re fast.

By Jim

November 17, 2010 9:09 PM | Link to this

My favorite was Winans until I tried a new place in Franklin called Matera Caffe (on State Route 73 about .25 miles from I-75). For the most part, I only go there now. It is far superior then most of the others on your list that I have tried. Highly recommend you try it when you are in the Franklin/Springboro area.

By Katie

November 18, 2010 8:34 AM | Link to this

It’s worth a drive to Yellow Springs even if you’re only going for a yummy cup of coffee goodness at Brother Bear’s. I highly recommend their milky way espresso concoction. Plus, you have a nice relaxed atmosphere to enjoy it in :)

By Heidi

November 18, 2010 9:04 AM | Link to this

The atmosphere is WONDERFUL just like Brother and Mindy! What a great cup of coffee and the cafe mochas are dynomite!

By Jeff

November 18, 2010 9:52 AM | Link to this

Heather’s in Springboro has a homey atmosphere with old-time charm, and it’s the only place in Dayton where you can get a yummy Choctober! I like mine iced!!

By bill

November 18, 2010 2:43 PM | Link to this

Where is TIm Hortons on here?

By Pat Edgar

November 19, 2010 10:02 AM | Link to this

Saxby’s on Feedwire Rd., Dayton has great coffee and freindly service. It’s the place to go where they know your name.

By Sharon

November 19, 2010 1:11 PM | Link to this

It is worth the trip to downtown Troy for the best coffee and chocolates! Winans takes the time to brew a perfect cup of coffee!!

By Kt

November 19, 2010 1:42 PM | Link to this

THE Ohio Coffee Company is only located at 46 W FIFTH ST. Dayton, OH, 45406. :)

By Linda

November 21, 2010 4:51 PM | Link to this

I once asked Winans what makes their coffee so much better than anyone elses and it is that they locally roast their own beans 5 days a week. Their chocolates and sweets only make the coffee better. I ship my family Winans every Christmas and they love it too…..even the ones in Seattle!

By Drew

November 21, 2010 6:35 PM | Link to this

Tim Horton’s

By Tim Horton

November 21, 2010 7:42 PM | Link to this

I smell a cheat…. Winans goes from 0-150 votes in less than a day. Enjoy your hollow victory!

By Ashley

November 21, 2010 8:06 PM | Link to this

A cheat? No cheating necessary. I now live in Washington DC and have yet to find anything that even comes close to comparing to Winan’s Coffee. Looking forward to shipping some beans and chocolates to family (and myself) this holiday season!

By John

November 21, 2010 8:20 PM | Link to this

Winans has fans all over the world, they do some amazing things with their amazing coffees. From charity work with the Shoulder to Shoulder project in Honduras to their Buckeye Blend Coffee that Ohio State fans all over the world enjoy. It is Michigan week so GO BUCKS and GO WINANS!!

By JJ

November 21, 2010 9:42 PM | Link to this

Rigged! Just like the last election. No doubt about it.

By Hersh Pitroda ( India)

November 21, 2010 10:38 PM | Link to this

i ve been to winans, and i love cuppa… its so apt to say a cuppa joe as the owner is a certain charming Mr Joe Winan. his coffee will keep you more refreshed and awake than even your ow conscience.

By Dave H

November 21, 2010 11:26 PM | Link to this

My coffee is better then any establishment, the trick is to grind your own beans right before you make the coffee. I take multiple whole bean coffees and mix the beans in a super blend. I am awesome!

By Paul

November 22, 2010 1:18 PM | Link to this

Boston Stoker. The staff is friendly & very knowledgeable. High quality. Tim Horton’s? GIVE ME A BREAK! While their coffee is good, they are a one-trick pony. Caibou is also a good, true, coffee shop.

By skippy